make africa your destination for 2023
Your safari begins with your arrival into Johannesburg. Your first night will immerse you into the magic of South Africa and you’ll meet the other travelers on your intimate small group safari.
The destinations on our South Africa safaris have been selected because of the diversity of their terrain. Some are dry, some are next to a river, and some consist of “low veldt” which are tall grasses. Each area is favored by different wildlife, and so by varying the terrain we see, we offer a larger opportunity of seeing wildlife.
Our next safari is in November and features the huge expanse of Kruger National Park, combined with an exciting stay in Botswana.
Bespoke Intimate Small Group Safaris
NOVEMBER 2023 SAFARI DETAILS: With Kruger being twice the size of Yellowstone Park, you can imagine the variety of terrains for us to explore. The official begin date is November 19 and the official end date is November 27. Allow two extra travel days at the beginning and one at the end.
We are also offering a 3 night post-safari extension in Eagle Owl. You can find more information about Eagle Owl on our Places We Stay page.
- Nov 19 – arrive Johannesburg and transfer to Hoedspruit. Spend the night at Warthog Rest
- Nov 20-22 – accommodations at Mashatu in Botswana
- Nov 23-24 – accommodations at Pondoro
- Nov 25-26 – accommodations at Thambavati
- Nov 27 – depart for your return trip (if not taking advantage of the extension)
Pricing is $5900/person, double occupancy. NOTE: If you pay with cash or check we will deduct our processing fee, and the cost if $5700/person.
- Private Guide and Wildlife Education and Conservation Expert from Wild Wonders
- Ground transportation, meals, lodging at locations above, game drives
What’s Not Included:
- International and domestic airfare, tips, souvenirs, alcoholic beverages, the cost of COVID tests
- Compliance with existing COVID policies of each country at time of trip
PAYMENT POLICY FOR ALL SAFARIS:
- As mentioned above, there is a 3% discount on the price of the safari if you pay in cash or with a check.
- A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the cost of the trip is required when booking.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the beginning of the trip. We will send you an reminder of payment due 120 days before the beginning of the trip. If you fail to complete your payment by the due date, we will assume you want to cancel your participation in the trip.
- If you cancel your trip 90 days or less before your departure, your payment is NOT refundable. This is why we recommend travel insurance.
- If you cancel your trip before the 90 day mark, you can either receive a full refund of monies paid (minus the non-refundable deposit) or we can apply your payment to another Wild Ecotours trip within 12 months of the trip’s departure date.
Although we offer many pre- and post- safari extensions, our most popular is extending your stay in the Kruger area.
Videos from Prior Safaris
The composite videos below were taken by prior safari guests of Wild Ecotours.