Stunning Destinations for 2024 Travel
Exotic Costa Rica
This trip is targeted for animal care professionals and students. This is an active adventure, but your efforts will be rewarded by the display of wildlife diversity surrounding you.
In just 6 days, you’ll
- Experience the famous Manuel Antonio National Park with experienced naturalist where you’ll see over 50 species of hummingbirds, toucans, howler monkeys and more
- Kayak through mangroves to see sloths, toucans, monkeys, and boas followed by a traditional Costa Rican meal
- Participate in a Ridley’s Sea Turtle release
- Be a partner in preservation by visiting and spending a volunteer day at KSTR (Kids Saving The Rainforest) where you’ll help with orphaned and injured wildlife
- Explore Carara National Park famous for its wild population of macaws and crocodiles
- Trek the jungle at night and ride on horseback to a stunning waterfall location
Our beautiful accommodations will be in apartment / villa settings and include:
- 3 nights in private cottages at KSTR
- 2 nights in Manuel Antonio National Park
- 1 night near Carara
Our Costa Rica Active Adventure Includes
- international and domestic air
Price: $3200.00/person, double occupancy. Deposits accepted starting November 1.
Preliminary planning date: mid august
Hate to go to Costa Rica without seeing Corcovado National Park (one of NatGeo’s top biodiversity sites) with its tapirs and jaguars? We can arrange a post-trip visit.
South Africa and Botswana
After arriving in Johannesburg, a short domestic flight will take us to Hoedspruit and then we’ll travel to Sohobele- a beautiful self catering camp complete with private chef and guide. Sohobele is set in the famous Timbavati reserve home of the white lions. We’ll be a Sohobele for 2 nights.
Our next stop is Warthog Rest, on the edge of the world-famous Kruger National Park. Here we’ll relax in comfort at our intimate lodge and visit with local wildlife such as kudu, giraffe and of course warthogs. Activities may include visiting a wildlife rehabilitation center, a game drive in Kruger amd / or visiting an antipoaching organization. Warthog Rest will be our home for 2 nights.
Next, an early morning departure will take us to Mashatu, Botswana – Land of Giants and a guest favorite. Mashatu is home to carnivores such as cheetah, leopard and brown hyena. Mashatu will be our home for 3 nights.
The final night will be at Entabeni Reserve-Ranger Camp where we’ll bid farewell to South Africa and Botswana.
- ground transfers
- all meals
- international flight
- one way domestic flight
- travel insurance
Price: $6000.00/per person, double occupancy
- Experience beautiful Danum valley, sun bears and orangutans
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Center
- Sun Bear Conservation Center
- Trek through rainforests and canoe down enchanting rivers
- White sand beaches and spectacular clear water
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) with an immense variety of wildlife
- Mayan-guided tours of a spider monkey reserve
Wild Ecotours is registered with the State of California. CST 2142988-50