make SOUTH africa & Botswana your destination for 2024
Your safari begins with your arrival into Hoedspruit. Your first night will immerse you into the magic of South Africa and you’ll meet the other travelers on your intimate small group safari.
The destinations on our South Africa safaris have been selected because of the diversity of their terrain. Some are dry, some are next to a river, and some consist of “low veldt” which are tall grasses. Each area is favored by different wildlife, and so by varying the terrain we see, we offer a larger opportunity of seeing wildlife.
Our next safari is in June 2024 and features the World Famous Timbavati reserve, Hoedspruit Wildlife estate, Moholoholo Rehab center for wild life, Mashatu, and much more! Mashatu is a completely unfenced reserve where you will truly experience free ranging wildlife.
Bespoke Intimate Small Group Safaris
JUNE 2024 SAFARI DETAILS: With Kruger being twice the size of Yellowstone Park, you can imagine the variety of terrains for us to explore. The official begin date is June 8th and the official end date is June 17th. Allow two extra travel days at the beginning and one at the end.
We are also offering a 3 night post-safari extension in Eagle Owl. You can find more information about Eagle Owl on our Places We Stay page.
- JUNE 8-10th – Arrive into Hoedspruit via short domestic flight from JNB and short road transfer to the World famous Timbavati reserve (home of the original white lions). Sohobele camp will be our private camp for the next three nights. Accomodations are beautiful Rondavels with ensuite bathrooms overlooking a water hole.
Enjoy sumptuous meals prepared by our private chef and venture on two game drives per day with a private ranger.
- JUNE 11-12th – After game drive and breakfast, be staying at Balule reserve in a luxury tent camp. Balule is know for black rhinos
- JUNE 13-15th – We leave early for the aprx 5 hour drive to the Botswana border to Mashatu(land of giants). Mashatu is a completely unfenced reserve where you will experience truly free ranging cheetah, bat eared fox, eles and so much more in this magical place and a Wild Ecotour favorite.
- JUNE 16th – Transfer back to Hoedspruit to Wild Ecotour’s very own Wart Hog Rest, where you can stay one or two nights before making your way back home
Pricing is $6,000*/person, double occupancy – all inclusive (meals lodging game drives conservation activities, conservation levies, transfers.)
* Credit Card Transactions will have a 3% transaction fee. To avoid fees, you can pay with Cash or Check.
*Travel Insurance is required.
- Private Guide and Wildlife Education and Conservation Expert from Wild Wonders
- Ground transportation, meals, lodging at locations above, game drives
PAYMENT POLICY FOR ALL SAFARIS:
- To avoid the 3% credit card transactionn fee, you can pay in cash or with a check.
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the cost of the trip is required when booking.
- Final payment is due 120 days before the beginning of the trip.
- If you cancel your trip 120 days or less before your departure, your payment is NOT refundable. This is why we recommend travel insurance.
- If you cancel your trip before the 120 day mark, you can either receive a full refund of monies paid (minus the non-refundable deposit) or we can apply your payment to another Wild Ecotours trip within 12 months of the trip’s departure date.
Although we offer many pre- and post- safari extensions, our most popular is extending your stay in the Kruger area.
Videos from Prior Safaris
The composite videos below were taken by prior safari guests of Wild Ecotours.